Shared Services Canada's (SSC) executive committee structure is a reflection of SSC's ongoing commitment to establishing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with partner departments. SSC's governance structure is streamlined, with a view to supporting efficiency, accountability and the achievement of results.
SSC's governance structure includes ten committees. Five of these committees are external advisory bodies that provide venues for developing working relationships with partner departments that support the achievement of common goals. The remaining five committees are internal governance bodies that support the day-to-day management of the organization and the fulfilment of its mandate to deliver modern and efficient information technology infrastructure services within the Government of Canada.
A number of external advisory bodies have been established to provide for the continued engagement of SSC's clients.
- Shared Services Canada Senior Advisory Council is a DM-level forum to provide strategic advice to the President and COO of SSC on the department's business priorities and activities.
- IT Service Management Advisory Committee and the IT Business Transformation Advisory Committee serve as venues for ongoing client consultation and engagement at the ADM level.
- Departmental Audit Committee has been established consistent with the Treasury Board Policy on Internal Audit.
- TBS-SSC IT Standards Committee serves as a forum for exchanging information and ensuring strategic alignment.
With the exception of the Departmental Audit Committee, the membership of these external advisory committees is made up of a cross-section of partner departments in order to ensure that both direction and priority setting reflect the needs of departments of various sizes, mandates and vocations.
The Senior Management Board (SMB), provides strategic direction, priorities setting and broad oversight (i.e. "steering" role).
- Account Management Board - provides senior management guidance and oversight with respect to SSC’s service and management relationship with Government of Canada department/agency partners and clients, ensuring alignment with SSC’s strategic and service objectives.
- Corporate Management Board - ensures excellent business practices and resource management throughout Shared Services Canada (SSC), and that superior internal services and support are provided throughout the department.
- Security Risk Management Board - provides advice and recommendations to the President and Chief Operating Officer, as it reviews, analyses and manages a range of medium to high risk cyber and IT security issues and risks that could affect the Government of Canada’s IT infrastructure.
- Service and Project Review Board - provides senior management guidance and oversight with respect to SSC’s service lines and critical projects, ensuring alignment with SSC’s strategic and service objectives.
- Date modified: